Must be located in Columbia, SC | Hybrid: remote and on site work | Part-time (5-15 hours per week) | Paid $10/hr
City Social provides opportunities for students to gain real world experience in hospitality marketing and public relations through a paid internship program in the fall and spring. Applications are open for Spring 2024 until December 8 with an anticipated start date of January 15, 2024. Due to the nature of the business, interns must be 21+.
About City Social
City Social is a leading communications company specializing in public relations, content creation, and social media marketing. We work with some of the top restaurants and hospitality brands in South Carolina and New York City. You can see our current client list here. We have had clients featured in Southern Living, Eater, IMBIBE, Thrillist, Post & Courier, Discover South Carolina, COLAToday, and more media outlets. At the core of our business, we are storytellers with an eye for detail. At City Social we believe in having creative freedom and a healthy work-life balance.
You are creative, collaborative, and an exceptional writer with an eye for digital marketing. You’re driven, strategic and solution-oriented. You remain on top of trends in our ever changing industry, and in the know of best practices in social media. You bring proven experience developing and implementing successful social campaigns and you are passionate about supporting local restaurants and hospitality brands.
As a Social Media Intern, you understand the power of content and how to curate a feed. The ideal person is a dynamic, natural born leader who is eager to grow, learn, and be a force in achieving client goals through tactical initiatives like community engagement, stunning content creation, and creative writing. On a daily basis, you will be in charge of drafting monthly content calendars for review, creating reels and stories, gathering reports for clients, managing social communities, and keeping track of client requests and needs.
As a Public Relations Intern, you know the value of connections and storytelling. You are all about the details and believe that local businesses are what makes communities thrive. You will be in charge of creating client press kits, writing pitches, researching writers and editors, while communicating with the social media team for a cohesive approach to all of our marketing and PR efforts.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Assist in content shoots, content planning and strategy
- Demonstrate attention to detail, while being able to prioritize and multitask
- Actively spot trends, have strong industry connections, and become an expert in positioning the agency and clients ahead of the trends
- Participate in client strategy sessions, providing big-picture, creative and strategic thinking
- Be a visionary for the direction of content creation and alignment with PR efforts
- Manage the day-to-day for all account administrative tasks
- Participate actively in internal and select client meetings
- Draft and manage an editorial calendar
- Help vet incoming media and influencer opportunities/hosting requests
- Source UGC for mockups during the community management process
- Manage hashtag group implementation for clients
- Schedule content for platforms once content is approved
- Draft and post daily Instagram Stories for clients
- Research models/influencers for content shoots
- Assist with the digital filing within content archives for each client
- Own community management, replying and engaging within messages, reviews, comments, and check-ins across social media channels
- Monthly reporting
- Assist with the creation of influencer collaboration impact
- Ability to perform other tasks, duties or projects as required
Experience & Requirements
- College junior or senior majoring in business, marketing or public relations
- Must have working knowledge of social media management/content creator experience
- Proven skills in utilizing the following platforms: Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Experience creating Instagram Reels
- Experience with photography and post production editing
- Content creation capabilities preferred: video, photography & graphics, shot lists, props, storylines
- Agency or in house social media experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Foundational understanding of Influencer Marketing
- Working knowledge of Google Drive, Canva, Photoshop
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
City Social’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. City Social may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
City Social supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
To apply, send your resume, previous work samples and social account handles + 5 fun things about you to firstname.lastname@example.org